FACILITIES & SERVICES
A few years ago, by design, we reduced our mare numbers to around 45 top quality full time resident broodmares. This has allowed us to greatly improve our pastures with the assistance of leading agronomist Ross Watson.The results can clearly be seen by our graduates both at the racetrack and in the sale ring.
All our foals are handled from day one and fitted with head collars.They're taught to lead beside their mothers and whenever they are moved it is done this way. Once weaned they're reared on undulating pastures in groups of 5 or 6 and are then prepared for and sold at the major sales.
In addition to the main homestead, 4 well appointed staff houses are provided for 24 hour care from our dedicated workers.
At Willow Park you have access to the 30+ years experience Glenn brings to the table as an independent bloodstock advisor (including 20 years at leading Australian bloodstock auction house William Inglis where he managed the Bloodstock Department).
Foals produced from matings that Glenn has planned for client mares include:
- STAR WITNESS (2007 ch h Starcraft (NZ) – Leone Chiara, by Lion Hunter). Champion 3YO Male in Australia in 2010-11. 4 wins and $1,202,200. Dual Gr 1 winner.
- SAMANTHA MISS (2005 b m Redoute’s Choice – Milliyet (NZ), by Zabeel). Champion 3YO Filly in Australia in 2009. 7 wins-2 at 2- and $1,780,510. Triple Gr. 1 winner
- COSMIC ENDEAVOUR (2010 b f Northern Meteor - Crevette, by Danehill). 7 wins and $1,419,280. Dual Gr 1 winner.
- BOUNDING (2010 b f Lonhro - Believe'n'succeed, by Exceed and Excel). 7 wins & 6 placings from 14 starts. Gr. 1 winner.
- NECHITA (2009 b f Fastnet Rock - Artistique, by Peintre Celebre (USA)). 3 wins & $427,800. Gr. 1 winner.
- ANAMATO (2003 b m Redoute’s Choice – Voltage, by Whiskey Road (USA)). 4 wins &$975,728. Gr. 1 winner.
- RUSSETING (2004 b br Commands – Granny Apple, by Bluebird (USA)). 9 wins & $545,570. Gr 1 winner.
- BUFFERING (2007 b g Mossman - Action Annie, by Anabaa). 9 wins & $1,781,400. Dual Gr 2 winner & multiple Gr. 1 placegetter
- ZERO ROCK (2005 b/br m Danzero - Broc’n’roll, by Brocco (USA)). 11 wins &$894,050. Multiple stakeswinner & Gr 1 placed.
- LARGO LAD (2004 b g Encosta de Lago – Lady Marion, by Danehill (USA)). 6 wins & $618,963. Gr. 2 winner.
- SONIC QUEST (2002 br g Quest for Fame (GB) – Ladore Magic (NZ), by Kingdom Bay). 6 wins & $367,250. Gr. 2 winner.
- ANISE (2008 b f General Nediym – Pimpinella, by Flying Spur). 2 wins & $246,670. Gr. 3 winner.
- MEARAS (2003 b h Redoute’s Choice – Eldarin, by Marauding (NZ)). 2 wins & $154,875. Gr. 3 winner.
- ALWAYS CERTAIN (2006 b g Not A Single Doubt – Akarana, by Akabeer (USA)). Champion Older Horse in Singapore in 2011 (Long). 8 wins & S$1,067,294.
- BLACK MINX (NZ) (2005 br m Lonhro – Faith Hill, by Danehill (USA)). 5 wins at 2 & $293,140. Multiple stakeswinner.
- CREVETTE (2002 br m Danehill (USA) - Twiglet, by Twig Moss (FR). 4 wins & $215,130. Multiple stakeswinner.
Breeding can be a thorny enterprise. Every breeder knows there are good years and bad. You can, however, increase your odds of success and profit by ensuring you have an objectively positioned professional assisting you in your mare selection and annual matings then making sure the resulting progeny are given the very best start in life.
Glenn's bloodstock background has produced the following success stories for Willow Park clients:
- BELIEVE’N’SUCCEED cost $420,000 off the track. Her first service fee was $24,000, the resultant foal - BOUNDING - made $425,000 as a yearling and is a Gr. 1 winner. Believe'n'succeed was subsequently sold in 2014 for $1.1m.
- LADY MULAN cost $380,000. 7 yearlings out of the mare sold for $2.373m from total service fees of $434,000.
- APPAREL cost $300,000. 8 yearlings out of the mare sold for $2.285m from total service fees of $370 000.
- QUACK was purchased as a tax mare with a foal at foot for under 6 figures. The foal at foot made $105,000 as a yearling & the foal she was carrying made $80,000 as a yearling. She was then sent to a $45,000 stallion with that resultant foal making $460,000 as a yearling. Named ANATINA that foal went on to become a Group 1 placed dual stakeswinner.
- DORA MAAR - 8 yearlings sold for $3.3m from total service fees of $270,000. If you break this down into averages it is around a $415,000 yearling price from an average service fee of $33,500 each year for 8 years.
- ELDARIN - 3 yearlings sold $1.925m from total service fees of $112,000. Following this she was then sold for $2m empty.
- PARIS NIGHTS - Was bought as a tax mare in foal to General Nediym for $35,000. The resultant foal made $220,000 then her next 2 foals made $390,000 from $50,000 in total service fees.
- ACUPUNCTURE - Was purchased privately in NZ for $35 000. Her first mating cost $45,000 and the yearling made $730,000. Her following 4 foals sold for $1.23m from total service fees of $152,000 she was put in foal to a $60,000 stallion and sold on for $220,000.
- SECRET GIFT - Cost $85,000. Her 6 yearlings sold for $1.155 from total service fee outlay of $262,000.
- FLUFFY DUCK - Cost $100,000. 3 yearlings sold (2 of which are stakeswinners) for $575,000 from total service fee outlay of $126,000
- HOW ABOUT THAT - Cost $170,000. 4 yearlings sold for $930,000 from total service fees of $152,000 and then the mare herself sold for $330,000.
- ZEBIZAN - 8 yearlings sold for $1.705m from total service fees of $319,000.
- MILLIYET - 5 yearlings sold for $3.230 from total service fees of $853,000.
- QUEEN OF STATE - 5 yearlings sold for $874,000 from total service fees of $176,000.
- FAIR VANITY - Cost $45,000. 5 yearlings sold for $760,000 from total service fees of $129,000.
- SHE’S GOD’S GIFT - Cost $125,000 as a tax mare with foal at foot. The foal as a yearling made $145,000 then her next 3 yearlings sold for $470,000 from total service fees of $83,000
- WINNING TABLE - Cost $75,000. 5 yearlings sold for $740,000 from total service fees of $111,000.